Thank You to Local Businesses for Helping with the Coronavirus Fight
Posted on April 3rd, 2020 to Coronavirus
By Jordan Palker, MSW
Vermont is an amazing place to live. Not just because we are home to Ben and Jerrys and they feed us free ice cream every year, or because there is nothing quite like watching the sunset over Lake Champlain. The list could go on and on, but my favorite reason for loving Vermont is that Vermonters are truly a special kind of human. Vermonters come together when times are tough and really, genuinely do what we can to support each other all year round. Whether that’s plowing for a neighbor after a winter storm, donating to our local food shelf, or simply sharing a welcoming smile as you walk down church street. Right now we are dealing with unprecedented times. Lakeside Pediatrics wants to highlight some of the amazing things that businesses in our community are doing. On behalf of our staff THANK YOU!
- Orvis repurposed their factory to make masks.
- Skinny Pancake partnering with Black River Produce, High Meadows Fund, Intervale Center, Boston Beer Company, Sysco, PennyWise Foundation, Vermont Community Foundation, Vermont Creamery, WaterWheel Foundation and more Offering free meals for healthcare workers, food service workers, musicians and anyone who needs one.
- Lyric Theater is making cotton masks.
- Vermont Teddy Bear Company is making more than 3,000 masks for healthcare workers.
- Mark’s BBQ is offering free meals to those in need.
- Grazers & Agave donated a percent of profits this week to the Williston Food Shelf.
- Caledonia Spirits (Barr Hill) are making hand sanitizer.
- Smugglers Notch Distillery are making and donating hand sanitizer to essential personnel.
- DJ Craig Mitchell offering free online music sets.
- DJ Phantom offering free online music sets.
- Burton Snowboards donating goggles to gogglesfordocs.com to support healthcare workers.
- Skida offering discounts on neckwear to encourage people to save masks for those who need them.
- Global Foundries donated $10,000 to the local food shelf, as well as other donations to COVID19 hard hit spots.
- Green Mountain Mask Makers donated masks to Bennington Police Department.
- Vermont Comedy Club offering free online shows. Family friendly and adult only shows.
- Sangha Studio offering free online classes.
- Vermont Glove have switched their operations to make masks. Have partnered with VT Digger to start a campaign to donate 3,000 masks to area hospitals in 30 days.
- Keybank providing financial support to the community.
- Barrio Bakery donations of baked goods.
- August First donations of baked goods.
- Vermont Federal Credit Union doing giveaways of grocery store gift cards.
- Mad River Distillery making hand sanitizer
- Green Mountain Distillers making hand sanitizer.
- Silo Distillery making hand sanitizer.
- Generator VT making face shields.
- Aqua ViTea Kombucha making hand sanitizer.
- Product Think Tank making face masks.
- Fat Hat Clothing making face masks.
- Venture Floor Covering donated masks.
- Revision Eyewear making face masks for healthcare workers.
- Vermont Nails donating PPE.
- Stunning Nails making hand sanitizer.
- Robbie Martell Excavating donating PPE.
- Fisch Dental Company donating PPE.
We know this list is just the tip of the iceberg on a local and national level. Thank you to everyone who is doing their part to make times easier on others. We love Vermont! Let’s all do our part to lend a hand to our neighbors, donate to our local food shelf, do our part to stay home and social distance and let’s try to support local as much as we can during these times!