What we’re doing to keep Lakeside Pediatrics safe from COVID-19 for your family
Posted on March 15th, 2020 to Uncategorized
We have enacted significant changes to our practice to keep our office a safe place for your family to seek care. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We will continue to adapt our practice protocols as the coronavirus pandemic unfolds in our community.
Two Practice Model: We will separate our well care from our sick care.
- Well visits and visits for non-infectious problems: 9:00 am – Noon. These will occur only in our back hallway rooms.
- Sick visits: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. These will occur only in our front hallway rooms.
Telemedicine: Sick visits and non-infectious problem visits can be performed securely through telemedicine. Call our phone nurses to schedule a visit.
- We encourage you to come for in-person visits which allow physical examination.
- Separate sick and well hallways.
- Deep cleaning of exam rooms with bleach after each sick visit.
- We have removed all books and toys from the office.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Keeping ourselves from contracting coronavirus is critical for not spreading the virus to you.
- National shortage of PPE equipment: We continue to push every day to get more equipment such as N95 masks. Using surgical masks at this point.
- Clinicians regularly disinfect their computers, phones, stethoscopes.
- Frequent hand washing.
Please do not be afraid to seek our care for your children. We will be here for you throughout this pandemic. We will keep you updated on any practice changes.