Posted on July 22nd, 2022 to Uncategorized
I wanted to share some resources with you that I have learned about recently. Please feel free to contact me directly at the office if I can support you in any way in accessing these resources or any other resources. I can be reached at 802-860-1928 ext 114 or via email at [email protected].
- The Child Development Division is revamping the Child Care Financial Assistance Program. The income eligibility requirements have increased coverage to help provide more financial assistance to families.
Check it out here: CCFAP_Brochure.pdf (vermont.gov)
- Summer Lunch Programs
Most Vermont towns are offering lunch and sometimes breakfast during the summer months. Some towns offer delivery while others offer pick up sites.
This article has most Chittenden county sites or you can find your local site by doing a quick google search: Chittenden County schools offer free meals to kids during summer 2022 (burlingtonfreepress.com)
- Need housing support? Vermont State Housing has a new program called Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program. The program was created to support those impacted by the pandemic with rent and utilities.
You can read more and apply here: Vermont State Housing Authority | Emergency Rental Assistance Program (vsha.org)
- Lakeside currently has a supply of lock boxes available for safely locking medications, etc if anyone is in need of one. You can contact Jordan or ask your clinician at your next appointment.
- Need help finding formula? Contact our office and we can see if there is another brand that will fit your baby’s needs. There are also some other resources within the community such as the Facebook group called: Helping VT Parents Find Formula.We would also recommend contacting your local food shelf and WIC office.
The Vermont Donor Milkbank has also waived the need for families to have a prescription to utilize their services for the first 40oz. They also provide financial assistance. You can contact them at 802-276-0030.
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace in an organization in Vermont that provides new beds for children in need of their own safe sleep space. They can be reached at 844-432-2337 ext 5936.
Applications can be submitted right here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4941594
- You can now reach the National Suicide Prevention Hotline by dialing 988. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across the United States.