Back to School
Posted on August 25th, 2023 to Uncategorized
Back to School
By, Jordan Palker, MSW
Summer break has come and gone and it’s time for another school year. There is always so much excitement in going back to school, but for a lot of kids a lot of anxiety and worry. It’s a big change in routine and that can be hard for kids. Prepping your kids for back to school can help ease this anxiety. Here are some ways to get your kids ready for the new school year.
- If possible try to start getting into a school bedtime/wake up routine the week before school. Have your kids involved in creating the routine if you can. Creating a visual schedule and even a fun checklist can be helpful for younger kids.
- Visit your child’s school or classroom if possible. Especially if it’s a new school for your child. Even just driving by the school can be helpful.
- Read books about starting school. You can even look up a social story or create one about what your child’s day might look like.
- Talk with your kid(s) about how they are feeling. See if they have any questions about their day that you can answer.
- Celebrate the school year! The more excitement you can bring, the more your children will feel excited and ready to tackle the new school year.
- Last, but certainly not least make sure you have your sports forms, immunization records are up to date. Please give us a call if we can support you or your child with any of this!